BA ADA Associate Segree in Arts Poetry Notes & Guess Papers Punjab University/Sargodha University/IUB/BZU/GCUF

 


BA/ADA English Some famous lines of poem taken from past papers


No time to turn at Beauty s’ glance

And watch her feet how can they dance?

No time to wait toll her moth can

Enrich that smile her eyes began

(Leisure by William Davies)

 

If I were lord of Tartary

I ‘d wear a robe of beads,

White and gold, and green they would be

And clustered thick as seeds                    

 (Tartary by Walter De la Mare)

 

Will lie on nights

In the bony arms

Of Reality and be comforted.                     

(New Year Resolutions by Elizabeth Sewell)

 

It is very good that we have rebels

You may not find it very good to be one.

(The Rebel by D.J. Enright)

 

The air broke into a mist with bells

The old walls rocked with the crowd and cries

Had I said, Good folk, mere noise repels

But give me your sun from yonder skies?                      

They had answered: And afterward, what else?           

(Patriot into Traitor by Robert Browning)

 

The guards said, Kneel down,

They killed him with sword and spear,

Then the skull opened its moth:

‘Huntsman ‘ , how did you come here?

And the dead man answered

‘Talking brought me here.                         

(The Huntsman by Edward lowbury)

 

The music in my heart I bore

Long after it was heard no more.              

( The Solitary reaper by William Wordsworth)

 

And whistles in his sound. last scene of all,

That ends this strange eventful history,

Is second childishness and mere oblivion

Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste and sans everything.    

(All the World‘s A stage by William Shakespeare.)

 

And it grew both day and night,

Till it bore an apple bright;

And my foe beheld it shine;

And he knew that it was mine                  

(A Poison Tree by William Blake)

 

Since then-‘tis Centuries-and yet

Feels shorter than the day,

I first surmised the Horses’ heads

Were towards Eternity                                     

(Because I could not stop For Death by Emily Dickinson.)

 

Here love ends

Despair, ambition ends;

All pleasures, all troubles

Although most sweet or bitter,                  

(Lights Out by Edward Thomas)

 

Essence of winter sleep is on the night

The scent of apples: I am drowsing off

I cannot rub the strangeness from my sight.     

(After Apple picking by Robert Frost)

 

…... eaten away,

By long erosion of the green tide

Of grass creeping perpetually nearer.                 

(The vanishing Village by R.S. Thomas)

 

And when I feel, fair creature of an hour

That I shall never look upon thee more

Never have relish in the fairy power

Of unreflecting love.                                               

 (When I Have Fears by John Keats)

 

A damsel with a dulcimer

In a vision once I saw:

Weave a circle round him thrice

And close your eyes with holy dread,

For he on the honey dew hath fed,

And drunk the milk of Paradise.                           

(Kubla Khan by S.T. Coleridge)

 

My feet are locked upon the rough bark.

It took the whole of creation

To produce my foot, my each feather;

Now I hold Creation in my foot.                            

(Hawk s’ Monologue by Ted Hughes)

 

But O that I were young again

And held her in my arms!  

(Politics by W.B. Yeats)

 

For he seemed too me again like a king,

Like a king in exile, uncrowned in the underworld,

Now due to be crowned again.                

(Snake by D.H. Lawrence)


                                  For ADA English Complete Notes

                       Visit: www.englishnotes4all.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Google Question Hub,Can it be Used in Pakistan

  How to Use Google Question Hub in Pakistan? Google Question Hub is a tool intended to bridge the gap between what users are searching for...